Oct 16, 2009

Pear Earrings of Polymer Clay

Our family as an annual Octoberfest and we have a theme so that we can prepare something that has to do with that theme.  It can be a recipe for food or drink, or a painting or a game or centerpiece for the table.  Whatever we decide.  Past themes have been something made with Pumpkin, apples, German Potato Salad.  This year we were asked to include pears in our project.  After thinking hard on this I decided that it would be fun to make pear shaped earrings for all the ladies in attendance.  Cindy Lietz, the Polymer Clay tutor had a video class on how to make Anjou Pears out of Polymer Clay, so I pulled that up and here is my take on the Pear Earrings.

 One photo is of the unbaked and raw pears. The second is of the finished earrings.








9 comments:

Maria Paray said...

Loretta, these are gorgeous. I love seeing the transformation from the plain unbaked to the embellished final product.

I'm sure all the ladies will love their pear earrings - very clever! After all, how many pear tarts can one eat? LOL

Loretta said...

Thanks Maria. This was my first attempt at using alcohol ink on polymer clay. It was fun adding the shading to the Anjou Pears for that bit of reality.

I think the Ladies will enjoy these at the party.

Dee said...

Loretta, these are absolutely the cutest yet! I'm amazed at the likeness to real pears. Looks like getted carded for that alcohol had two benefits...the compliment and the great finished product. I'm sure the ladies will love these!

Loretta said...

Thanks Dee. The earrings were a hit.

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

How fun for you to be able to bring the perfect Pear accessory to the festivities. You did a fantastic job. You make a teacher proud!

Loretta said...

Thanks Cindy. It's the good instructions I get from my tutor. :)

Madie said...

Those look beautiful! And so realistic, I like that alcohol ink stuff :)

Loretta said...

Thanks Madie. They were fun to make.

Patty said...

I love these! They would make a great piece of jewelry for the fall months. Way to go, Loretta!