Oct 12, 2009

Palm Springs Museum

I spent an interesting afternoon at our local Palm Springs Art Museum.  Due to a generous donation from the Berger Foundation, the museum is offering Free admission to the museum on the second Sunday of each month for 3 years.  They are offering interesting art demonstrations, music, dance and a short film on a featured exhibition and the artist.

As a Polymer Clay Artist I am  always interested in color and  patterns in everything I see.  I watched the dance artistry yesterday and admired the  two colors of a costume that I thought would make a beautiful Skinner Blend.  What really caught my eye though was the beautiful blown glass exhibits by the artist, Lino Tagliapietra.  Many interesting millefiore designs in glass, and textures that would be absolutely gorgeous in Polymer Clay.

Here is a link that will take you to some beautiful glasswork by Lino Tagliapietra, and a little history on the artist.  http://www.psmuseum.org/exhibitions/current_exhibition.php?id=26.  I'm sure you will enjoy this.

3 comments:

Dee said...

whoah!! those are beautiful!

Maria Paray said...

I think we saw an exhibition of his beautiful glass on our trip to DC, last year. I remember the "boats."

Can't wait to see your new beads!

Loretta said...

I really like his goblets. Many unusual designs.

This artist was taught by the artist that did the glasswork in the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. Absolutely gorgeous pieces.