Aug 24, 2009

Knitting With Fabric


I have so much fun wearing my blue "Shaggy" knitted purse. I can't tell you how many times people stop me asking where I purchased it, and if I make them for sale. Very rewarding comments for an Artist :)

In fact, it's so much fun that I decided to make one in Black. The fabric and pattern were purchased at Monica's Quilt and Bead store in Palm Desert, CA. The fabric is batik cotton which is printed on both sides. Good for the shaggy pieces that you add. The colors are black with green, rose and beige dot pattern. The lining is green and has pockets for cellphone, pen and other girlie items. The button is square, made of resin.

The process is cutting strips of fabric on the bias and then knitting that fabric together on #13 needles. You can decorate the purse as you like with fabric strips tied in a knotted bow, or you can add beads or buttons or ribbon. Whatever pleases your fancy.

Here are a couple of pictures of my creation.


1 comment:

Dee said...

oh Loretta, I LOVE it!! can't wait til you get your Etsy shop up and going!