Dec 15, 2009

Red & Black Knitted Shag Purse

Taking a break from my Polymer Clay duties, I am knitting my shag purses.  This one is made from Batik Cotton, and is knitted together with strips cut on the bias.  When I have completed the basic purse then I tie on strips of the material to make a shaggy look to the purse.  The lining is a black and white zebra print.  Very stunning.  Watch for my purses on http://www.lorettasboutique.etsy.com/




Here is a closeup of the material


This is the lining

3 comments:

Maria Paray said...

Lovely purse! And such a good match for your zebra jewelry in your last post!

Vicki Bensinger said...

Oooh Loretta that is so wonderful. How on earth do you make those? I absolutely love them!

Loretta said...

Thanks Maria and Vicki.

Once you get all the bias strips cut they go together very easy, Vicki. I was knitting on this purse when I was at my first Curves show I did last week. Nice to have something to do while people were not shopping.