Sep 21, 2009

My Polymer Clay Soda Can Pendant



I've been busy today.  I decided I wanted to make a Soda Can bead like the beautiful necklace I posted below. This tutorial is featured in the latest Belle Amoire Magazine written by Laurie Prophater.

Instead of the full necklace I decided that I would make a millefiore pendant using this technique.  As mentioned in the tutorial, you cut out shapes from an Aluminum soda can (be careful....using heavy gloves and tin snips are advised).  I then created a millefiore cane that I thought was pretty, using some leftover Premo Clay that I had.  (the cane is on the right side of the picture).  I added the cane to the aluminum piece using some liquid clay to help adhere the bottom piece.

This pendant has not been baked, sanded and sealed yet.  I plan to add a silver bail and SS chain.  Will post finished pictures later.

4 comments:

  1. very pretty Loretta..cool design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee. I'll post the necklace and earrings soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Loretta. I'm glad you enjoyed the technique.

    laurie prophater
    http://ornamentalelements.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laurie. Your tutorial made it easy.

    ReplyDelete